e-CollabCAD 3D Viewer has enormous features and options for users to view and examine 3D CAD and mesh model methodically in detail.
Here we provide some help for user to dig out options/functionalities after rendering a model in our 3D Viewer.
- Tree panel containing a variety of information about geometries and file information.
- It is located at the left side of the drawing canvas and can be opened/closed using the menu item provided for this purpose
on the top left corner of the viewer.
- Geometry – It shows all the geometries names which are loaded or created in 3D Viewer.
- Options for hiding/deleting meshes are there for better investigation of the uploaded model.
- Information – It shows the file name, type of the file, number of objects loaded, number of vertices and faces in the
loaded objects from the file, and size of the loaded objects, and shading of material which is applied on the geometry.
- Top – Its viewing plane will be Z-X Plane. Bottom – Its working plane will be X-Z Plane.
- Left – Its viewing plane will be Z-Y Plane. Right – Its working plane will be Z-Y Plane.
- Front – Its viewing plane will be X-Y Plane. Back – Its working plane will be X-Y Plane.
- Isometric – It will change the view to the isometric view and viewing plane will be the plane in which X,Y,Z will make equal angles.
- Auto fit – This scales the view such that all the entities on the scene will be fit within the view.
- User can create the primitive like box, cylinder, cone, sphere, torus.
- When any of the option is clicked one dialogue box will appear asking for the dimension of the primitive and origin for the primitive to be created.
- The dialogue box won’t disappear and user can create another entity or press cancel button to disappear the dialogue box.
- User can create many primitives over canvas as well as with uploaded model.
- Smooth – It uses linear interpolation of either colors or normals between vertices.
- Flat – It will apply the same color for every pixel in a face.
- Glossy – Glossy refers to the ability of a material to reflect light in the specular direction.
- Wiremesh – This option will show wireframe of all the models.
- Textured – In this a texture will be applied to the geometry.
- Shading Quality – It will affect the quality of the primitives rough to refined according to the slider value.
- Show Bounding Box – It will show one bounding box covering all the geometries added into the scene.
- Show Bounding Sphere – It will show one bounding sphere covering all the geometries added into the scene.
- Show Face Normals – It will show the face normals of all the geometries added in the scene.
- Show Vertex Normals – It will show the vertex normals of all the geometries added in the scene.
- Show Stats – It will show the stats at the bottom center of the page.
- FPS - Frames rendered in the last second.
- MS - Milliseconds needed to render a frame.
- MB - MBytes of allocated memory.
- Show Global Axes – It will show the global Axes on the canvas at position (0,0,0).
- Show Grid – It will show the grid in X-Z plane.
- Animation – It will give a default rotation around the Y- Axis when start will be selected.
Change All Geometry/Selected Geometry color
- Change All Geometry color – On changing the value of R, G, B slider or color picker value, it will change the color of all
the geometries added into the scene accordingly.
- Change Selected Geometry Color – On changing the value of R, G, B slider or color picker value, it will change the color
of the selected geometries from model tree accordingly.
- Only selected geometry color(Selected geometries are outlined by white lines and can be selected from model tree) will be changed.
Change Background Color/Gradient Background color
- Change Background Color – On changing the value of R, G, B slider or color picker value, it will change the color of background.
- It will change the color of the background with the selected color.
- Gradient Background color –It will apply the gradient pattern to the background.
- Steps for applying gradient background – Select two colors from the color pickers and then apply it.
- Ambient Light -This light globally illuminates all objects in the scene equally. It has no specific direction or position (source).
- Point Light- A point light is similar to a light bulb or a candle which emits light in all direction from a source (position).
The light intensity decreases with the distance from the source.
- Directional Light- A directional Light source approximates a very distant source of light. It provides light only in one direction.
- Shadow Light - A Directional Light, which can be used to cast shadow. Light position can be changed to see the effect on shadow from different directions.
- Show Helper – Light helper will be shown having the same color as the corresponding light at the position of the corresponding light.
- Position – It will update the position of the corresponding light. Controls are provided as text box for x, y and z direction.
- Intensity – It will change the intensity of the light (0 till 1).
- Color – It will change the color of the light.
- Camera – Type of camera can be switched to perspective or orthographic.
- Perspective Camera – This projection mode is used to visualize the models to mimic the way the human eye sees. It is real virtualization.
- Orthographic Camera – In this projection mode, an object's size in the rendered image stays constant regardless of its distance from the camera.
It is virtual visualization (not real) as it shows the objects (two objects of same length) with the same length instead having at different depths.
- Screenshot – This option is used to take screenshot of the 3D canvas.
- Full Screen – This option is used to switch between viewer mode and browser mode.
- Exit Viewer – This option is used to exit from 3D Viewer tab.